Liver transplantation or hepatic transplantation is the replacement of a diseased liver with some or all of a healthy liver from another person. The most commonly used technique is orthotopic transplantation.
A few facts to be known about the liver transplant:
- Liver Transplantation is needed only as a cure of the advanced cirrhosis stages .
- It should be done only by the close relative or by the donation of person of brain dead and should match the blood group.
- When it is done in time, its success rate would be 80%.
- Once the transplant is done, close observation and follow up are to be done essentially.
- Once the transplant is successful, the person can lead completely normal life.