Liver Disease Prevention
People nowadays have adopted an unhealthy lifestyle, which in turn has become the cause of several diseases. Improper eating habits of people generally results into liver disease. Not only this, but there are several other causes of liver disease. The disease may be caused due to any virus attack or due to poor health and nutrition. It can also be inherited.
But the good part is that, by following some simple steps in your daily routine, you can prevent all kind of liver disease. Some of the prevention are as follows:
- Moderate alcohol consumption: Balanced alcohol consumption is good for health, for both men and women. However, if you are consuming excess alcohol say more than three glasses a day on a regular basis, then it can destroy your liver cells causing fatty liver or rather a more serious problem called liver inflammation. It can further lead to liver cancer if not treated on time.
- Safe Sex: Before you indulge in sexual intercourse, it is very important to know the risks involved in unsafe sex and how you can protect yourself as well as your partner from that. If any one of the two partners is suffering from hepatitis, a common liver disease, there are chances of other partner getting affected by the same disease, as it is a sexually transmitted disease.
- Get proper vaccination: You can prevent yourself from all kind of liver diseases, the only thing you need to do is to consult your doctor at the right time. So if you are infected with any kind of hepatitis, get proper vaccines.
- Medications safety: Overdose of any medicine can cause harm to your liver. So always, try to take medicines only when prescribed by the doctor and in the right amount. Never mix medication with alcohol.
- Prevent contact with other Individual’s blood and body fluids: Changes of spreading of hepatitis viruses is very high due to unintentional needle sticks or inappropriate cleaning of blood or body fluids.
- Aerosol sprays must be handle with care: always wear mask before spraying any kind of toxic chemicals including paint, weedicides, etc. Try to follow the instructions given by the manufacturer. These toxic chemicals can harm your liver largely.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Improper or unhealthy eating habits can cause obesity, which can further lead to fatty liver. It is a serious disease if left untreated.
- Nutrition and exercise: Nutrition and exercise both play a very vital role in preventing humans from any kind of liver disease. Try to maintain a healthy lifestyle by consuming balanced diet containing all kinds of nutrients in proper amount. In the very same way, doing regular exercise can help you in maintaining proper weight and keeping your liver healthy.